Mentor a Fin-ML Student
Fin-ML offers a mentorship program for the master's and doctoral students in our CREATE program in machine learning in quantitative finance and business analytics. We are looking for finance professionals who are willing to accompany one or two students each. As a mentor, you will reflect with your mentee on their career options, share your experience in the workplace, open your networks, and advise them on other issues that may arise.
We estimate your involvement at one meeting or call of between one or two hours per month.
- You have worked in the finance or insurance sector for at least two years (it is not necessary to have experience in machine learning or quantitative methods)
- You have a network or are part of associations in your domain
- You are interested in trends and innovations in your field and in encouraging inclusion and diversity in the workforce
- You would like to share your experience with a young person and learn from him/her in return
- You are ready to commit to the relationship for 9 months (from around January to September or September to May, depending on the cohort)
Steps to becoming a mentor
- Complete Fin-ML’s registration form to tell us about yourself and your preferences for mentoring
- Receive a confirmation of your registration as a mentor and your name will be added to the list for the next matching exercise
- Each mentee of the next cohort will indicate their first three preferences of mentors and we will match accordingly while respecting each choice as much as possible
- Receive an email introduction to your mentee, an invitation to connect, and guidelines to orient your discussions
- Exchange regularly with your mentee according to Fin-ML’s suggestions and a schedule that you will determine with your mentee
- Contact us with any questions and give us your impressions and suggestions at the end of the program